Immune System Modulator
- Human clinical studies suggest increased humoral B cell salivary IgA and decreased IgE, indicating mucosal immunity.
- Human study indicates rapid increase in serum antioxidant levels and activation of Natural Killer (NK) cells in two or less hours after ingestion.
- In-Vitro and in-vivo studies suggest inhibition of reactive oxygen species formation.
- In-Vitro studies suggest reduced growth of E coli.
- Human studies suggest improved ratio of CD8-T cells to CD4-T cells.
Human clinical studies suggest significantly shorter cold and flu duration of symptoms when compared with subjects taking placebo.
EpiCor ORAC value higher than cranberries, blueberries, acai, red wine and pomegranate.
Recommended dosage: 1 or 2 capsules a day with meals
90 capsule count per bottle
Made in the USA toFDA Good Manufacturing Practice Standards
Sold with full money back guarantee
Know Your EpiCor!
The extremely low incidence of plant employee health problems in a 63-year-old Iowa company, Diamond V Mills, Inc., coupled with the minimal increases in company health premiums over the years, led researchers to look for potential human health applications of Diamond V's propriety yeast culture designed to keep cattle healthy and increase milk production. Embria Health Sciences, a division of Diamond V, spent more than $1,000,000 to develop a product specifically designed for humans, complete with safety and efficacy studies, before bringing EpiCor to the nutraceutical market.
EpiCor is manufactured from a safe, nutrient-dense form of the species of yeast called Saccharomyces cerevisiae through a proprietary multi-stage fermentation and drying process.
- A variety of macronutrients: lipids, organic acids, complex carbohydrates, including beta glucan, which stimulates macrophage (immune cell) phagocyte activity.
- Eleven (11) micronutrient minerals associated with production of nucleic acid DNA and RNA.
- The entire complex of B vitamins.
- Phytosterols and phenolics plant-based antioxidants associated
with extremely high levels of intracellular and extra cellular activity
(ORAC value higher than blueberries).
Immune System and Eye Disease
Immune Modulation Definition:
The process of nutritionally regulating the immune system for optimal functionality. It??s a dynamic process requiring constant support.
Genes, Nutrition and Immune System
A properly modulated immune system sends clear instant cellular defense messages that protect the body against viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal foreign invaders. This is particularly important, given the increased global risk of infection from one of these pathogens.
EpiCor Immune Modulation Study Results
In-Vitro Study Results:
Inhibited formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) when cells were challenged with hydrogen peroxide.
Reduced growth of E coli and C tropicallis.
Inhibited interferon-gamma (IFN-g) production, indicating anti-inflammatory properties. (IFN-g is secreted by overactive T cells and natural killer (NK) cells. Excessive IFN-g can precipitate an autoimmune inflammatory response.)
Decreased Interleukin-2 stimulation of IFN-g production.
Increased levels of nuclear factor kappa B (NFkB), which plays an important role in inflammation, immunity, autoimmune response, and cell adhesion, proliferation, development and death (apoptosis) by regulating the expression genes involved in these processes. (This could be particularly important when considering the pathology associated with all chronic degenerative eye disease.)
Modulated expression of certain adhesion molecules on human NK cells, T cells, B cells and dendrite cells, as well as induced calcium signaling. This is pivotal to cellular coordination response in tissues and organs within the whole body, including the eyes.
Human Study Results:
- Significant (four-fold) increase in Natural Killer (NK) cell cytotoxic activity.
- Changed ratio of CD8-T cells to CD4-T cells. (Manipulation of regulatory T cell populations represents an important approach to immunotherapy of a wide range of immune responses.)
Increased humoral B cell salivary IgA, indicating that treatment with EpiCor may be associated with development of mucosal immunity.
EpiCor Safety Testing Results
Both acute (14-day) and sub-acute (90-day) toxicology studies were performed on EpiCor.
- Negative for oral toxicity.
- Negative for mutagenicity (AMES Test), and for mitogenicity.
- Free of 139 pesticides at detection limits.
- Study results indicate that EpiCor is safe, non-toxic, non-mutagenic, non-mitogenic and is pesticide free.
- Pharmaceutical drug metabolism testing suggests no interference from the nutrients in EpiCor.
- Stability tested for a microbiological shelf life of at least 24 months when stored at ambient temperature and humidity.
- EpiCor has obtained generally recognized as safe (GRAS) status.